Hi all, help with ceropegia collection

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
chilli
Rhizome

Hi all, help with ceropegia collection

Post by chilli »

Hi all from Glossop Derbyshire U.K.
Good to have found you.
After an unexpected easy success last year with Ceropegia Sandersonii, both flower and easy rooting I got the bug for Ceropegia.
The last few months the search has been on to build up as big a collection of this amazing diverse plant.I really fell for it when I picked up some of the really odd "lizard" like ceropegia simoneae green and ceropegia simoneae green bizarre form about 2 months ago, and was surprised at the speed of growth . What is there not to love about a plant that looks like a weird reptile, see the attachment.

I have managed to find a few plants, some unrooted when purchased and some really nice ones from Alan Butler of brookside nurseries ,
Anyhow this is my collection so far
Ceropegia ampliata
Ceropegia haygarthii
Ceropegia linearis
Ceropegia stapeliiformis
Ceropegia rhynchantha Nigeria,
ceropegia simoneae green bizarre
ceropegia simoneae green
Ceropegia dimorpha
Ceropegia sandersonii
Ceropegia rendallii
Ceropegia 'Uranus'
Ceropegia stapeliiformis x cimiciodora
Ceropegia papillata
Ceropegia fusca

and i have these due sometime in the next month or so.
Ceropegia adrianae
Ceropegia armandii
Ceropegia armandii green form
Ceropegia petignatii
Ceropegia radicans
Ceropegia woodii
Ceropegia ampliata MT 201
Ceropegia aristolochioides ssp. deflersiana
Ceropegia monteroie
also Cynanchum marnierianum and Cynanchum perrieri

I would love to add any more varieties if the members know of any sellers that have anything different from the above or if any members have any for sale.
At the moment I dont really have any other than Sandersonii that I can swop, but hopefully I should be able to rectify that in the next few years.
I have also picked up some nice succulents but its the ceropegia I would like to focus on at the moment.
Cheers all
Chilli
Attachments
ceropegia.jpg
ceropegia.jpg (99.91 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
mickthecactus

Re: Hi all, help with ceropegia collection

Post by mickthecactus »

Hi Chilli and welcome,

Nice to see another Ceropegia enthusiast and simoneae is one I don't know.

I had quite a decent collection until I moved house about 15 months ago but last quite a few in the move but slowly building up again and I may have some spares. I'll PM you after I check.

Make sure you post some pictures in the Apocynaceae Gallery!
chilli
Rhizome

Re: Hi all, help with ceropegia collection

Post by chilli »

Hey , thanks for the reply.
the reason I found the site was because of a search on google that found your ceropegia pics.
As I have only been collecting these for a short while I will put some pics up as soon as I have nursed them into flower or they have shown good growth.
I have only had the Ceropegia stapeliiformis x cimiciodora for 5 weeks but it is coming into flower nicely.
All the above and plenty more fill my well lit attic bedroom, so I wake up to new developments every day.
cheers
Chilli