Newbie Planthusiast (with a Sansevieria addiction) from LA

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
jayhouseplant
Rhizome

Newbie Planthusiast (with a Sansevieria addiction) from LA

Post by jayhouseplant »

Hello fellow plantusiasts! I'm glad to have found this forum. My name is Jayson and I currently have a very small (but growing) sansevieria collection. I live in a small condo in LA so I was looking for relatively small types of sansevierias and I was brought here through one of the posts.

Looking forward to learning from the forum and sharing my collection as it grows!

At the moment:
  • 1. I'm looking for any compact type of sansevierias. Anyone recommend any good ones that tolerate LA temperature (high 60s-high 90s), but only 2-3 hours of sunlight (condo situation)?
    2. I'm wondering if any of you have any experience visiting Arid Lands Wholesale in Tucson, AZ, or ordering from them online. What was your experience? I saw some collection of sans from their site. Are there any other online or local LA/California sansevieria suppliers I should check out?
Best,
Jay
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Re: Newbie Planthusiast (with a Sansevieria addiction) from

Post by Azuleja »

Welcome! I killed my only sansevieria, unfortunately. I hope to try again someday. I've purchased a few things from Arid Lands. They have a nice selection and reasonable shipping.
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: Newbie Planthusiast (with a Sansevieria addiction) from

Post by Gee.S »

Arid Lands is basically a Sans place that also sells a few Agaves and Aloes. I have been there, I know.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"