Newbie from Texas

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
piediddly

Newbie from Texas

Post by piediddly »

Hello all! Very glad to have discovered this site. My name is Claire & I hail from Texas (south of Dallas).

I am absolutely addicted to agaves, aloes, various cacti species & sansevieria pinguicula. I've recently begun adding quite a few new plants to my collection in the past few months, & if you'd like, you can have a look-see at my current Agaves via Pinterest at " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Currently, I only have pictures posted from the auctions I've purchased, but I do have plans to update with IRL pics very soon.

I look forward to getting to know the community here & gaining valuable insights from everyone. Thanks very much! :))
Attachments
My latest find!
My latest find!
agave_ocahui.vari1.jpg (82.45 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
mickthecactus

Re: Newbie from Texas

Post by mickthecactus »

Great name piediddly! Welcome.
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Post by mcvansoest »

Yes, welcome! That is a nice collection of plants you have going!
It is what it is!
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Post by Azuleja »

Welcome, glad you're here!
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

Very nice assembly of premium Agave. Since those are images of auction plants, I couldn't help but notice the A. potatorum isthmensis variegated that looks to have come from China. From what I've seen, they don't provide Phyto, so it looks like you got lucky receiving it! Some of those variegates they offer are so appealing... but I'm not willing to chance it getting them confiscated. Tried once a few years back, didn't work. Glad to see you got one. :))

PS - couldn't help but also notice that Cornelius came from me! :U D))
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Melt in the Sun »

That's a lovely A. ocahui. Does the variegation show up much on the backsides of the leaves as well?
Julius Simmons
Rhizome

Post by Julius Simmons »

Hi Claire. I am another Texan from Waxahachie that shares your interest in agave and other succulents. There are several people on this site from the Dallas and Ft. Worth metroplex. I am one of them. Maybe we could all compare notes on which plants do best here and buy or swap plants from each other. Reply if you want to discuss all things about agave and succulents.