Newbie from Gistel, Belgium.

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
Krisser

Newbie from Gistel, Belgium.

Post by Krisser »

Hi all!

My name is Kris, 34 yo and living in a nice place between Bruges & Ostend, Belgium.
Since English is not my native language, i'm sorry about my (poor) English.

A couple years a go 'exotic gardening' caught my attention.
I've been planting out some Trachycarpus, Butia, Brahea, Chamaerops in the garden, along with some nice foliage plants, like different Colocasia's, Musa, Canna, Ginger,.. Not always a succes in the first years, resulting in some trial and error.. :? But I'm getting there :)

After 3 years i learned more about 'hardy' Yucca species and also some Agaves.
This year I've allready planted out some Agave (Montana, Utahensis, Parryi and Victoria reginae) and Yucca (Filifera, Rostrata, Carnerosana) in the garden.

In my veranda i also have a small collection of cacti and other agave plants, mostly pups and smaller specimen.

I'm eager to learn more about these fantastic plants, especially agave, so that's the reason why i joined this forum. :)
Follow your bliss.
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Re: Newbie from Gistel, Belgium.

Post by Azuleja »

Hi there, Kris! Your English is excellent, but even if it wasn't you'd still be most welcome. Have fun exploring the site. There's a wealth of information here and the people have fewer spines than the plants.
Steph115
Ready to Bolt

Re: Newbie from Gistel, Belgium.

Post by Steph115 »

Welcome Kris! You are in the right place. Looking forward to sharing photos & xeric strategies!