Hey everyone

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
AloeGuv'na
Rhizome

Hey everyone

Post by AloeGuv'na »

I'm new to the site, and a couple years into my collecting of plants I deem interesting, which is mostly succulents and cacti. It seems I move around too much to keep a large collection, but I do my best to maintain what I have. There are a couple I've managed to keep and grow into pretty awesome plants... If you can't tell by the name I'm mainly into aloes, but my interests are ever-expanding and definitely include all kinds of cacti and moving into agave, crassula, etc. Living in Santa Cruz, CA allows me to grow basically anything with my perfect climate, which has me exploring more of the Madagascar endemic aloes at this point.

I suppose I just wanted to join a group of like minded plant nerds (nerds in an endearing context) who have knowledge and pictures to share. For now I'll leave you all with a pic of my Aloe speciosa. I bought this plant when I was like 18 or something, so it's about 15 years old and has seen some tough days of neglect during my "partying phase" of my life. Looking all the better for it too... shine on A. speciosa.

Also, I'm new to this so forgive any mistakes!
Attachments
20160315_184000 (2).jpg
20160315_184000 (2).jpg (98.43 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Re: Hey everyone

Post by Azuleja »

Welcome, nerd! Lol. That's a lovely aloe bloom.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Re: Hey everyone

Post by Spination »

Welcome. Nice aloe, 15 years in the making, and it looks like the last several have been very good. A beauty!