New member, Mike from Visalia, CA.

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
mps@lampe-law.com
Rhizome

New member, Mike from Visalia, CA.

Post by mps@lampe-law.com »

Greetings fellow plant lovers. I just came across this forum (I've never before joined any forum of any kind), hoping to feed my endless need to learn about and hopefully acquire new weird plants. I'm currently looking for an Agave utahensis, var. eborispina, particularly one with very long, and/or very long and curly spines. I've seen some great photos on the internet, and I NEED this plant! (I've also have lots of different agaves, in case anyhone wants to trade, but I doubt I have anything too hard to find, but I'd obviously love to share if I've got it. Thanks.
Steph115
Ready to Bolt

Re: New member, Mike from Visalia, CA.

Post by Steph115 »

Great choice - it's one of my favorite species of agave as well. I'm afraid I don't have any to offer you right now, but someone else here certainly might. I've started growing several types of utahensis (eborispina, kaibabensis, nevadensis, and utahensis) from seed because I'm just a little bit obsessed.
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Post by Azuleja »

Welcome! What I've noticed about these plants is that if you want something specific, you find a way to get it sooner or later. Usually sooner.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Someone here will be able to steer you in the right direction on the utahensis.