Max picture resolution

Use this forum to request changes, language packs, other additions or to report a problem. Comments are also welcome.
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Max picture resolution

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Why 1000 pixels and not something more typical, like, 1024? Virtually all of my photobucket images are saved at 1024x768 and it is a huge pain to resize them through photobucket.

Want to share some photos and between the size limit here and the horrible interface there (and some voodoo in-between) I am unable to do so...photos are small enough but the site still says they are too big!
Gee.S
Site Admin

Re: Max picture resolution

Post by Gee.S »

Changed to 1024px. Let me know if that does it for you.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt

Thanks...seems to work now.

In the thread I just posted, can you see the license # in that first photo? On photobucket it is stamped over and the photo is cropped, but on the site here it is uncropped. Something going on with caching maybe? All these pictures were sized to max 999px, so should have worked before. Weird.
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

Yes, but it's too fuzzy to read. The yellow block at the link apparently didn't follow the pic. :huh:
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
mickthecactus

Post by mickthecactus »

That's good news. Resizing everything was a pain.
KLC
Ready to Bolt

Post by KLC »

I hadn't paid much attention to forum photo usage and the newest software in use. In the past I had always just used photobucket to host the images which worked so-so, anyone who has used photobucket lately knows how slow the site has become and the latest version isn't that user friendly.

I have begun uploading my pics to this site directly and it works really good. No more worries about resizing at all, it does it automatically. All of the pics I take with the new 24mp camera are saved as large, fine JPEGs and can be good sized files. The pics actually display a lot bigger when uploaded directly to this site vs using photobucket, a nice feature in itself.

Now, what to do with the pics stored at photobucket? Leave them I suppose???

Good job with the site Ron.
Don't California my Arizona!
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt

Yeah, just leave your pictures up there....someone browsing years-old threads will appreciate it.