Agave 'Blue Glow' variegate 'Snow Glow'

Use this forum to help with identification issues and to show off your beautiful plants, one species, subspecies, and cultivar at a time.
Forum rules
This section is dedicated toward maintaining one active thread for each Agavaceae species/subspecies/variety/cultivar. Please feel free to add information and/or photos to existing threads or start your own by adding Genus/species as the thread subject. Note that listings are displayed alphabetically. Enjoy!
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Agave 'Blue Glow' variegate 'Snow Glow'

Post by Spination »

It's actually a variegated form of x Blue Glow, with it's own name of "Snow Glow". I thought it should be in the gallery with those hybrids, instead all the way in back there with the "S"... so I titled it the way I did.
2015 08 01 A Snow Glow #2 b X750.jpg
2015 08 01 A Snow Glow #2 b X750.jpg (163.19 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
DesertDweller
Ready to Bolt

Re: Agave 'Blue Glow' variegate "Snow Glow"

Post by DesertDweller »

Stumbled on these today, grown by RSN:
IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4577.JPG (111.26 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4576.JPG (105.5 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

Re: Agave 'Blue Glow' variegate "Snow Glow"

Post by bigdaddyscondition »

Here is my specimen of 'Snow Glow', shaded from afternoon sun.
Attachments
IMG_2067 (2).jpg
IMG_2067 (2).jpg (160.21 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Souljacker42
Rhizome

Re: Agave 'Blue Glow' isvariegate 'Snow Glow'

Post by Souljacker42 »

My snow glow, bought as a pup 6 years ago and growing big and strong due to being in open ground with a free root run. The colours work well with the deep blue wall. Only 1 pup produce in that time, I don’t know if that is normal or usual?
My snow glow, bought as a pup 6 years ago and growing big and strong due to being in open ground with a free root run. The colours work well with the deep blue wall. Only 1 pup produce in that time, I don’t know if that is normal or usual?
484521E1-6024-4DD8-893F-C1003B104A32.jpeg (127.38 KiB) Viewed 3836 times
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

Re: Agave 'Blue Glow' variegate 'Snow Glow'

Post by bigdaddyscondition »

Beautiful specimen, Souljacker. I haven't seen even one offset from my Snow Glow, so I'd say you got lucky, especially considering the showy preponderance of the variegate coloring in your particular specimen.
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Looks great...how much sun does it get?
Viegener
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10b

Post by Viegener »

Great pic. I have a beautiful Snow Glow too & will try to grab pics. No offsets whatsoever, though I have heard that they sometimes form bulbils after blooming. Can anybody verify this? It's one of the most beautiful of all landscape agaves...
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Since it's genetically the same as 'Blue Glow', seems like it should produce axillary offsets in the rosette shortly before blooming, followed by some bulbils after flowering.
Souljacker42
Rhizome

Blue glow, variegated snow glow pup

Post by Souljacker42 »

Here is a photo of the one pup, it had a hard start to life appearing from between 2 rocks looking thin and weedy. It’s build up nicely now and is showing even at this early stage more varied variegation than the adult! Will hopefully develop into a cracker! The adult plant as recently been moved as it was been squeezed out by an oversized ferox. It use to get about 3-4 hours of sunshine from mid morning on. Now it gets about 3 hours, but from late afternoon to early evening
Here is a photo of the one pup, it had a hard start to life appearing from between 2 rocks looking thin and weedy. It’s build up nicely now and is showing even at this early stage more varied variegation than the adult! Will hopefully develop into a cracker! The adult plant as recently been moved as it was been squeezed out by an oversized ferox. It use to get about 3-4 hours of sunshine from mid morning on. Now it gets about 3 hours, but from late afternoon to early evening
image.jpg (137.89 KiB) Viewed 3795 times