Photo uploads

Discuss cameras, settings, composition, software, and anything related to photography as it pertains to our plants, gardens, and landscapes.
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Photo uploads

Post by Gee.S »

Our forum features generous parameters for photo uploads. These include a maximum file size of 1200px and 256K. Standard upload size for this and many Internet fora is 800px, and that is a nice size to adhere to for most purposes. Preferred file format is .JPG, though many other standard image formats are also supported. If you need software to process your photos and save in an optimal format for online display, we recommend Adobe Photoshop (very expensive) or GIMP (freeware).

To upload one or more image files select the Upload Attachment tab while authoring your post. Then Browse to select the file on your computer before you Add the file.
photoup1.jpg
photoup1.jpg (41.12 KiB) Viewed 14488 times
You can add several attachments in a single action, by clicking the + button as often as required before adding the files.
mfu.jpg
mfu.jpg (93.68 KiB) Viewed 14488 times
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Gee.S
Site Admin

Re: Photo uploads

Post by Gee.S »

To embed a Youtube video, use the Youtube button, then add the Youtube file code (the end of the file name).
youtube.jpg
youtube.jpg (38.08 KiB) Viewed 14531 times
To embed add the following

Code: Select all

[Youtube]aO54GVVZPfo[/Youtube]
This results in:

[youtube]aO54GVVZPfo[/youtube]
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

New feature added: The board now automatically resizes oversized images uploaded as file attachments, but only one or two at a time. Try it and please report any issues!
Agave

Neomexicana
Bulbil

Post by Neomexicana »

Monitor resolutions are getting bigger and bigger. With a 4k-32"-monitor a 1200px-image is not very tall. I understand, that you don't want 36MP in the forum, but I think 1440x810 (16:9 HD size) or more should be accepted, if the size of the file is not too big, eg. 400k. This makes it easier to see details for identification. Just my thoughts (and not important to me).
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

Have now increased max photo upload size from 1024 px to 1280 px.
Agave

Cactussnowman
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Cactussnowman »

I am unable to post pictures. Every time I post an image, the picture comes out completely black. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to post from the photo library on my phone. I can’t copy and paste a photo either.
Attachments
Agave in In Ko Pah
Agave in In Ko Pah
IMG_0149.jpeg (19.72 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

Hopefully, someone else who accesses the forum with a phone will chime in to help.
Agave

nsp88
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by nsp88 »

Cactussnowman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:23 am I am unable to post pictures. Every time I post an image, the picture comes out completely black. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to post from the photo library on my phone. I can’t copy and paste a photo either.
Is it an iphone?

If so, it might be because Apple has its own photo format. Whenever I used to transfer photos from my wife's phone to my computer I was always running into issues until I learned about the formatting thing.

This tells you more: https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/h ... pg-4247312

Or, this screenshot shows the gist of it (follow the steps at the bottom):
iphone.JPG
iphone.JPG (69.31 KiB) Viewed 2299 times
Cactussnowman
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Cactussnowman »

Thanks for the reply. I will try that out