Photo management software

Discuss cameras, settings, composition, software, and anything related to photography as it pertains to our plants, gardens, and landscapes.
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Photo management software

Post by mcvansoest »

So Apple has phased out iPhoto in its new OS and while iPhoto was not perfect it was working reasonably well for me to at least keep some kind of organization in my photos. It has replaced it with an app called Photos, which is clearly aimed at integrating the photos from your mobile devices with your computer, and vice versa. For me while the differences are not that great it clearly represents a step back.

So I have started looking at other options that are out there and I was wondering what other people who take a lot of pictures use for photo organization and management. I have looked at Adobe Lightroom, but not much else yet.

Thijs
It is what it is!
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: Photo management software

Post by Gee.S »

I just save photos in folders using descriptive names and dates. I'm sure I could do better, but I seem to manage.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Stan »

I like PIXLR. Good basics for what you need- free. If more,you can get the pay version.
PIXLR actually allows you to sharpen photos. Windows 10 doesn't,neither do many freeware I looked at. Funny something as basic as that.
PIXLR as an app..Im not sure. I think it offers that.
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.
Neomexicana
Bulbil

Post by Neomexicana »

I am happy with darktable, it is free and has professional features including lensfun-lenscorrection.