Aloe castilloniae

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Aloe, Gasteria, Haworthia and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.

Moderator: Geoff

reality_velo
Bulbil

Re: Aloe castilloniae

Post by reality_velo »

Marlon Machado wrote:Great castilloniae! Also, nice to see what AJR looks like. I believe it is a Kelly Griffin hybrid, apparently one that gets big and was developed for use in the garden. I read about it recently in a FB group, in a comment by Kelly Griffin himself, someone had asked about planting the fantasy Aloe hybrids in the ground, below was Kelly's reply:

"Yes many have hybrid vigor and do pretty well in the ground although I recommend the bigger ones because the little ones do fine but get lost or stepped on or grown over. Look for AJR and Swordfish as they both do well in the garden. AJR is named after Allen’s father"
Awesome, thank you for the information. Maybe I'll try and pick up a few more A. 'AJR' to plant in the yard then. Would love to see what it grows into and how big it actually gets with time.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

Great info Marlon. :U
mickthecactus

Post by mickthecactus »

Here’s how it looks now.
9272771B-B10C-4A94-8136-A613BD89C4AC.jpeg
9272771B-B10C-4A94-8136-A613BD89C4AC.jpeg (289.4 KiB) Viewed 638 times
mjanes
Seedling

Post by mjanes »

Yeah, looks like a hybrid of AJR, but its not AJR itself. I have an AJR and its naturally alot more deeper purple. Kelly has told me it will get 3-4' tall and 2' wide if you put it in the ground.