looking for a few species in trade

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

abborean
Ready to Bolt

looking for a few species in trade

Post by abborean »

Hello All. Am looking to swap to acquire the following: Agave triangularis, A. montana, A. murpheyi. Am also looking for Bulbine alooides and Manfreda undulata & virginica. Can offer Agave maximilliana pups (skinny or etiolated but this taxon), Agave zebra, Agave hookeri (possibly something else; google will get you pics). Have a lot of other agave and yucca but don't think anyone will swap for what I want for the common species. Thanks in advance!
Don
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Re: looking for a few species in trade

Post by mcvansoest »

I may have a spare A. montana. Will have to check my bench with potted plants and see what shape it is in. My A. murpheyii has some pups, and my A. murpheyii variegata has some too. The regular murpheyii pups are pretty shaded so look pretty good, but the variegated pups are a little bleached from the sun.
It is what it is!
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

would be glad to send you a couple of the ersatz hookeri pups, a couple of the etiolated maximilliana pups and a single zebra pup if you can use them in return for the montana and a couple of the unvariegated murpheyi? I appreciate you considering a swap!
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Post by mcvansoest »

I have the montana, I will get it out of the crowd of plants and take a picture so you can see if it is to your liking.

I will pull a couple of murpheyii pups later this week. They are getting a little bit of sun as the bush the parent plant is growing mostly under is getting defoliated a bit due to the crazy hot weather we have been having, but there are at least 2 good sized pups, and a third which is smaller.
It is what it is!
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

sent a PM
mike
Rhizome

Post by mike »

I can send you some murpheyii. I would love maximilliana.

Cheers !
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

will send you a pm when I get back from vacation the 24th. Will hold you a couple of the pups. Thanks for the interest!