Looking for decent sized vic-regs

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

Stone Jaguar
Ready to Bolt

Looking for decent sized vic-regs

Post by Stone Jaguar »

Bare-root to NorCal. Must be well-grown & CLEAN. Fair prices paid. Can take up to a dozen. Not interested in variegates, nickelsiae, nor under 12" rosette.

PM with prices.

J
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: Looking for decent sized vic-regs

Post by Melt in the Sun »

I have 4 that I've been growing in ground for 5 or 6 years, and I could probably part with a couple...I'll get recent pictures.
Stone Jaguar
Ready to Bolt

Post by Stone Jaguar »

Thanks! I'll PM
AgaveGuy
Seedling

Post by AgaveGuy »

the cactus king.com lists 3 and 7 gallon for mail order.
Stone Jaguar
Ready to Bolt

Post by Stone Jaguar »

Thanks!

J
Minime8484
Offset

Post by Minime8484 »

AgaveGuy wrote:the cactus king.com lists 3 and 7 gallon for mail order.
Avoid buying from this crook at all costs.
This is just a sample of the reasons why:
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7704/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stone Jaguar
Ready to Bolt

Post by Stone Jaguar »

Prices not really competitive for sizes when compared to local and AZ, so didn't follow up...thanks anyways for link to the feedback on DG. There are many fantastic online nurseries, so sunlight always good disinfectant.

Note...I have located sources for plants I want, so done for now.
Viegener
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10b

Post by Viegener »

Cactus King was the worst source I've ever bought plants from. Unwanted substitutions, no labels and no response when I sent pics asking for IDs, rude and snarky. Difficult-to-root Euphorbia stenoclada was sent as an unrooted cutting that died in a few days, etc.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

Morbid curiosity I guess... I also checked out the Google and Yelp reviews (CK), which by and large is a collection of comically negative experiences. As it appears to me, there's nearly a zero percent chance of being satisfied with a mail order, a 90% chance you will be cussed out or hung up on by phone, and a 50% chance a person would have a worthwhile experience visiting in person, due to a large property filled with a variety of interesting plants. It's like a tale of two cities - the mail order one resembling a flat out scam, and then the actual property where if you knew what you were looking at, you might leave with pleasing acquisitions. I found the review of the 10 or so 5 gal Blue Glows being shipped in an 11 lb box to the tune of $150 shipping entertaining. The website provides an illusion of professionalism, but you have to search for "Return" to find their Terms and Conditions. After reading them, I don't know how any rational person would decide to order.
"We will not take any plant back no matter what! "
"All plants are to be sold AS-IS. No Warranties implied, No Guarantees."
"We will substitute due to availability, to prevent substitution the purchaser or buyer must call first!" (haha! Good luck with the phone part!)
Shipping and handling fees may include "standing in line at post office," :lol:

So many unsatisfied customers can't all be wrong!
Stone Jaguar
Ready to Bolt

Post by Stone Jaguar »

The DG stuff seemed pretty universal in its frantic screaming of "caveat emptor, but the followup provided by Vieg and Tom seems even more damning. It is a tribute to the US appetite for stem succulents that someone with this amount of really negative feedback for their online sale practices is still standing.

I mean, dude, "Shipping and handling fees may include "standing in line at post office."" You have to admit this takes major stones to claim from your mail-order clients.