Euphorbia milii Fireworks

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to succulent Euphorbiaceae genera far too plentiful to enumerate. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
RCS
Offset

Euphorbia milii Fireworks

Post by RCS »

Euphorbia Fireworks doing just that this year.
Attachments
E. Fireworks
E. Fireworks
IMG_4787.JPG (139.48 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Re: Euphorbia milii Fireworks

Post by Stan »

Looking very good. Be careful on trading away cuttings. 2 years ago my nephew was playing with water balloons and one hit Fireworks (how app!) breaking about six small branches. Do you know to this day it never did what most plants do and grow 2 for one? NO,it just put all its energy into making the main stems taller. Fine with me,but not the usual.
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.
RCS
Offset

Post by RCS »

Stan, what I do is cut about 3 stems to about 6 inches high every year or so and they branch and keep the plant bushy. I let the stems callus over and dry for at least a month and they are ready for planting. Maybe you should try cutting the tall ones back and see what happens. The plant does like regular feeding I have found.
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Stan »

It was losing vigor in its pot- AND when I took it out of the pot..the rootball looked weak. Held together,but barely. So now this plant that has stood up to our coolest wettest winters in a pot, is now in ground. Different.
Attachments
IMG_6769.JPG
IMG_6769.JPG (171.69 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.