Cussonia spicata flowering - needs a pal!

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to xeric plants, which do not fit under any of our established categories, or to discuss issues of a general nature that bear relevance across multiple categories.
Xanthoria
Ready to Bolt

Cussonia spicata flowering - needs a pal!

Post by Xanthoria »

My C. spicata is flowering for the first time since I planted in 2009. Doesn't self pollinate from what I have read, so I'm looking for another I can get/give pollen to.

I don't know if I have a male or a female?

And how long to produce seed?
IMG_1150.JPG
IMG_1150.JPG (152.74 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Re: Cussonia spicata flowering - needs a pal!

Post by Stan »

Very nice. I see a Pencil tree in the background..time for you to post photos of that nice yard.
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.
Xanthoria
Ready to Bolt

Post by Xanthoria »

Actually it's a Hakea suaveolens - another fabulous drought tolerant tree for the bay area.

I have three drought tolerant/xeric gardens currently - two are SF Street Parks totaling about 1.5 acres and one is my personal garden at home, tragically much smaller... pics to come ;)
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Stan »

Xanthoria wrote:Actually it's a Hakea suaveolens - another fabulous drought tolerant tree for the bay area.

I have three drought tolerant/xeric gardens currently - two are SF Street Parks totaling about 1.5 acres and one is my personal garden at home, tragically much smaller... pics to come ;)
Looking forward to it.!
I have some Ficus macrophylla to donate. They are of the type that send down roots. I grew from seed sent to me from LHI collected seeds.
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.