Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy'

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Aeonium, Crassula, Dudleya, Echeveria, Kalanchoe, Rhodiola, Sedum, Sempervium and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.

Moderator: Aeonium2003

SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy'

Post by SC FM »

Here is a picture of my Echeveria runyonii 'Topsy Turvy'. It is a hybrid plant. I guess you would call it a crest??? It is very hardy. I see it rated to 25 degrees, but mine has survived temps of 5F twice during the vortex years. It is very easy to grow and makes a nice outdoor plant especially in the 'Xeriscape'.
Attachments
DSC03706 (1).JPG
DSC03706 (1).JPG (122.59 KiB) Viewed 922 times
mickthecactus

Re: Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy'

Post by mickthecactus »

I like the way it crawls around the stones.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

I don't really imagine this cultivar as a "crest", but rather a selection found with unusual mutant leaves. When I think of a "crest", I think of a rosette or plant which has gone wild in the growing department, causing mutant growth, whereas this plant appears to have a normal rosette/body, but with mutant leaves. Perhaps a nit-picky distinction, but an important difference nonetheless.
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

I too like the way it creeps around the rocks, mikethecactus. Spination I think I agree with your thinking on the crest. Thanks.