Graptopetalum paraguayensis

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Aeonium, Crassula, Dudleya, Echeveria, Kalanchoe, Rhodiola, Sedum, Sempervium and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.

Moderator: Aeonium2003

SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Graptopetalum paraguayensis

Post by SC FM »

Here is a picture of Graptopetalum paraguayensis that I replanted the tops of the plants after I had to remove them from under a large Agave salmiana and Agave 'MR. Ripples' this summer. I replanted the ends since the plants were so broken up and shed most leaves. They came back great. They will begin to kind of creep up over many of the rocks next summer. You can not see it in this photo, but when sun is shining the colors are ephemeral-like in color. This plant has to be planted out of traffic since it sheds its leaves when moved around much much like a Sedum might.
Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Re: Graptopetalum paraguayensis

Post by Paul S »

Other than extremely nice, I don't know what your plant is but I am certain that isn't Graptopetalum paraguayense. This is it here, next to the Dudleya.
graptodud.jpg
graptodud.jpg (101.33 KiB) Viewed 977 times
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

You are right. What is the plant I have?/ IT is a wonderful ground cover hardy succulent. Perhaps someone on here knows the answer. Thanks again. Do you think the plant you show as Graptopetalum would be hardy in zone 8A?
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Pachyveria?????

Post by SC FM »

There is a similar plant offered by Mountain Crest that is called Pachyveria????? Could this be what I have? I bought it years ago as Graptopetylm, but glad to maybe find out what it really is?
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

Could it be Pachyveria 'Blue Pearl"?