Eye candy- Lampranthus.

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Delosperma, Faucaria, Lapidaria, Lithops, Oscularia, Pleiospilos and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Eye candy- Lampranthus.

Post by Stan »

A flat I picked up at Home Depot. Interestingly enough- it was a grower here in the bay area that grew them.
Attachments
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3238.JPG (121.6 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.
Viegener
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10b

Re: Eye candy- Lampranthus.

Post by Viegener »

HD is also selling Lampranthus ‘Sierra Sunrise’, which is a pretty dazzling 2010 ISI introduction - http://www.huntington.org/BotanicalDiv/ ... 10-23.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Such cool plants...I wish they didn't all boil in the summer here. That doesn't stop me from continuing to try though!
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

Beautiful! Marvelous! Awesome! All applicable. I picked up two six packs of brilliant years ago at a HD in Phoenix, as I remember; I brought them home and, this was late December, and took them in and out each day. One night in mid Jnary, I forget to bring them in and they froze. I wish I knew a mail order source of plants. I loved them. People here would kill for them because the color is Clemson Orange. Does anyone know of a source that would allow me to purchase for a decent price and I pay the shipping? IF someone reading this post has access to them. I would gladly pay postage and al cost incurred if thy could get them and send them. I would pay cost prior to them being sent/ I would plant them in a large pot and allow them to trail over, then bring into garage on a platform with rollers into my garage on cold nights when below freezing temps were predicted.
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

Melt in the Sun wrote:Such cool plants...I wish they didn't all boil in the summer here. That doesn't stop me from continuing to try though!
I would gladly pay postage and cost of plants if you could send me a couple of 6 packs of these????? IF not these any bright orange Mesembryanthemum .
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Melt in the Sun »

I will keep an eye out...there are usually lots available in spring here. Clemson Orange, right?
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

Thanks, Melt in the Sun; that would be wonderful.