Delosperma ?

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Delosperma, Faucaria, Lapidaria, Lithops, Oscularia, Pleiospilos and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
RCS
Offset

Delosperma ?

Post by RCS »

This is blooming now and is evidently pretty hardy here. Picked it from a table of green plants. It has nice variegation. Thought it would be less cold hardy than the green one's but it's doing great.
Attachments
Delosperma ?
Delosperma ?
IMG_4568.JPG (122.05 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
Otter
Bulbil

Re: Delosperma ?

Post by Otter »

I think you have Lampranthus auriantacus there. Reportedly does well in less harsh winter regions of UK. Very unique variegation on the lvs! Wish i could see it in person.
RCS
Offset

Post by RCS »

Thanks for putting a name to this otter. Not very good at keeping up with the names of these plants. We have had a very mild winter and am not sure how it will do in a colder one. It's in a really big strawberry pot that I'm going to have to replant later on this spring.
SC FM
Ready to Bolt

Post by SC FM »

That is an interesting plant. I grow lots of Delosperma, mainly cooperi and nubigenum here is upstate SC. They are a favorite plant for me. None of mine are variegated. I only grow one Ecjeveria and it is Echeveria runyoni 'Topsy Turvy'. I grow one Aloe saponaria. That is about the only hardy Echeveria and Aloe I can grow here in Upstate SC. Thanks for sharing your picture pf your Delosperma.