Pesticide Information

Use this forum to help with identification issues and treatment for a variety of common afflictions pertinent to our favorite horticultural charges.
Forum rules
This section is dedicated toward maintaining one active thread for each plant pest and disease. Please feel free to add information and/or photos to existing threads or start your own pest thread by adding the common name of the pest or malady as the thread subject. Note that listings are displayed alphabetically. Enjoy!
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Pesticide Information

Post by Gee.S »

Insecticide/miticide reference sheet
Hop-Insecticides-Feburary-2013.pdf
Insecticide/miticide reference sheet
(314.56 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
Agricultural Chemical Users Manual from Down Under
AgChem-UsersManual.pdf
Agricultural Chemical Users Manual
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 7675 times
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Desert Dawdler
Seedling

Re: Pesticide Information

Post by Desert Dawdler »

Did UW update/change the insecticide pdf? I pulled it up on my phone yesterday (looking for a Sevin alternative, not just for fun) and it’s either changed or I’m losing my mind. I remember seeing a column for the mode of action groups, more specific application sites (greenhouse, outdoors etc), and eriophyid mites being named as target pests. Also Forbid 4F (spiromesifen) and Pylon (chlorfenapyr) aren’t even listed, which seems odd.

Assuming that they did in fact change it and I’m not going senile in my 30’s, does someone have the previous version, and if so could you please post it?
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

Downloads here are from our server, they have not changed.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

Desert Dawdler
Seedling

Post by Desert Dawdler »

Thanks, that pushed me to keep digging since I was sure I’d seen that list somewhere on the site. It was in post #50 by Azuleja in this thread.

This is the list I was thinking of, sorry for the confusion. https://trec.ifas.ufl.edu/mannion/IST%2 ... icides.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

And the links there are off-site, so they can change.
Agave