phone photo test

Use this forum to try out posts, pictures, etc. before posting on the actual forums.
Spination
Ready to Bolt

phone photo test

Post by Spination »

screen shot of phone test photo.png
screen shot of phone test photo.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1514 times
with a phone now to play with and figure out, I wanted to see if I was going to have the sideways photo issue.
Initially, yes I did.
I sent the photo from my phone to my email.
Downloaded the image to a photo file designated for phone photos (on my computer)
Tried to upload photo here - yup, sideways.
So, I then took a screenshot of my photo, and moved that into the same photo file.
Tried to then upload that photo here. Worked...
Actually, it's pretty easy to do... and allows one to utilize phone photos easily correcting the sideways photo issue.
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: phone photo test

Post by Gee.S »

Only thing is, png files bad, jpg files good.

In fact, we've had issues with GIGANTIC png files before, so I've just disallowed them. Hopefully that won't cause any issues, but 1.4M when a jpg might be 150K is simply resource we can't afford to waste.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Spination
Ready to Bolt

Post by Spination »

Test #2
20170710_085110.jpg
20170710_085110.jpg (112.69 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
Aha. So, the whole portrait vs landscape orientation is a simple matter of holding the phone vertical or horizontal. That's how easy it is. Just download photo on computer using Google photo app, place in file, and there it is, ready to use.
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Gee.S »

Spination wrote:Aha. So, the whole portrait vs landscape orientation is a simple matter of holding the phone vertical or horizontal. That's how easy it is.
Yup, simple as that.
Spination wrote:Just download photo on computer using Google photo app, place in file, and there it is, ready to use.
The issue is when folks don't have computers, or can't take the time or trouble to process photos on them.

Also, see how much faster when you save to jpg rather png (150k vs. 1.4m)?
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"