Rebury raised caudex?

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to succulent Euphorbiaceae genera far too plentiful to enumerate. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
Gingergrrrl

Rebury raised caudex?

Post by Gingergrrrl »

Can a medusoid euphorbia with a caudex which has been raised be reburied? I've purchased a Euphorbia brevirama which has a slightly raised caudex. The caudex only has about 1/2 inch of vertical exposure. This may have been done by the previous owner or could have occurred naturally with age. It's an older specimen (>10years) and I'm not sure how long the caudex has been exposed. As I'm not especially fond of the appearance of these when raised, and I've heard that they often fair better when grown in their natural state, I'm wondering whether this plant can be reburied/ situated flush with the substrate when repotted. I use a very course gritty mix for all of my medusoid euphorbias and am very conservative with watering but still live in constant fear of rot. I don't want to kill this old guy. Any and all advice or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
20210209_223939.jpg
20210209_223939.jpg (218.49 KiB) Viewed 6290 times