yellowing blueglow detached from root system

Use this section to discuss matters relating to any and all issues involving horticultural pest and disease management. This is where one posts unknown pest/damage photos for ID help.
amyhmeyers
Rhizome

yellowing blueglow detached from root system

Post by amyhmeyers »

Hi,
I have about 40 blueglows planted and noticed one not thriving- leaves turning down and significantly light than the others. Worried it had weevils, I was going to pull it up to check the root system only to learn it was barely attached anymore (it came right apart from the roots. I don't see any insects there at all. The other plants all seem okay so I don't think it can be fungus from too much rain. Any ideas of what may have killed this guy? I want to make sure it doesn't happen to the other 39...
IMG-1226.jpg
IMG-1226.jpg (129.73 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
IMG-1227.jpg
IMG-1227.jpg (179.97 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: yellowing blueglow detached from root system

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Not sure but I will say this - pull off all the dead leaves, all the dead tissue you can, and let it dry out, then replant...it may very well survive with a little care.
amyhmeyers
Rhizome

Post by amyhmeyers »

I will try!
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

It's been a long time since you posted this. It looks like weevil damage to me. Hope the rest of your collection didn't get the bug. Not sure where you are located so maybe you don't have weevils there.