FS: Agave titanota + 'Tradewinds' lookalike / others

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

FS: Agave titanota + 'Tradewinds' lookalike / others

Post by Gafoto »

For sale I have a respectably sized Agave titanota. The plant was labeled as titanota when I purchased it from The Dry Garden in California back in 2021 and has a nice chalky blue color, almost as blue as the 'Lion's Mane' cultivar. Unfortunately the older leaves have been marred by sunburn from improperly transitioning from indoors to outdoors. it's growing fat new leaves but probably slower than it should because it's in quite a small pot and very rootbound.
agavetitanota2.jpg
agavetitanota2.jpg (391.66 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
agavetitanota1.jpg
agavetitanota1.jpg (463.48 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
I have too many plants to come inside this winter and this one really wants to get bigger than the pot is allowing right now. Hopefully there's someone out there with more space or a climate that's more forgiving. This thing will likely explode in size when it gets uppotted.

$15 + actual shipping cost.

I also have an Agave which was sold to me a 'Kissho kan' but looks quite a bit more like 'Tradewinds'. Definitely a greenish blue with a chartreuse-ish edge. This edge doesn't get white no matter what lighting it is in. It handles bright sun well and can be coaxed into full morning to some afternoon sun in the desert. This one will stay houseplant sized like all the other isthmensis clones
agavetradewinds.jpg
agavetradewinds.jpg (400.52 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
$5 + actual shipping cost.

I also have some small rooted nickelsiae pups, stricta pup and a non-variegated isthmensis if anyone is interested in those. Happy to throw those in for a very affordable price if I'm already shipping something out.

Always interested in other interesting cultivars or hardy agave species if anyone is interested in trading.

I feel bad always asking people for offsets so hopefully I'll be able to offer more in the future. I have a lot of agave utahensis I'm growing from seed so someday I'll part with some of those if people have any interest.
Tom in Tucson
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: FS: Agave titanota + 'Tradewinds' lookalike / others

Post by Tom in Tucson »

Gafoto wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:29 pm For sale I have a respectably sized Agave titanota. The plant was labeled as titanota when I purchased it from The Dry Garden in California back in 2021 and has a nice chalky blue color, almost as blue as the 'Lion's Mane' cultivar. Unfortunately the older leaves have been marred by sunburn from improperly transitioning from indoors to outdoors. it's growing fat new leaves but probably slower than it should because it's in quite a small pot and very rootbound.
agavetitanota2.jpg
agavetitanota1.jpg
I have too many plants to come inside this winter and this one really wants to get bigger than the pot is allowing right now. Hopefully there's someone out there with more space or a climate that's more forgiving. This thing will likely explode in size when it gets uppotted.

I also have an Agave which was sold to me a 'Kissho kan' but looks quite a bit more like 'Tradewinds'. Definitely a greenish blue with a chartreuse-ish edge. This edge doesn't get white no matter what lighting it is in. It handles bright sun well and can be coaxed into full morning to some afternoon sun in the desert. This one will stay houseplant sized like all the other isthmensis clones
agavetradewinds.jpg

I also have some small rooted nickelsiae pups, stricta pup and a non-variegated isthmensis if anyone is interested in those. Happy to throw those in for a very affordable price if I'm already shipping something out.

Always interested in other interesting cultivars or hardy agave species if anyone is interested in trading.

I feel bad always asking people for offsets so hopefully I'll be able to offer more in the future. I have a lot of agave utahensis I'm growing from seed so someday I'll part with some of those if people have any interest.
Will you accept a PayPal purchase? What is your approximate cost to ship for the A. titanota?
Casas Adobes, AZ
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by Gafoto »

Tom in Tucson wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:59 pm
Gafoto wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:29 pm For sale I have a respectably sized Agave titanota. The plant was labeled as titanota when I purchased it from The Dry Garden in California back in 2021 and has a nice chalky blue color, almost as blue as the 'Lion's Mane' cultivar. Unfortunately the older leaves have been marred by sunburn from improperly transitioning from indoors to outdoors. it's growing fat new leaves but probably slower than it should because it's in quite a small pot and very rootbound.
agavetitanota2.jpg
agavetitanota1.jpg

agavetradewinds.jpg

Will you accept a PayPal purchase? What is your approximate cost to ship for the A. titanota?
Yes, I would accept paypal. If you are interested in the titanota I can just bring it to you in late November. I am spending a month or so in Tucson.

I can check on the cost to ship though if you want the plant sooner. I would need to measure the plant+roots. Shouldn’t be too ridiculous.
PricklyPlantNerd
USDA Zone: 9A/10B

Post by PricklyPlantNerd »

Good morning. I would be happy to take the Tradewinds "Look Alike" off your hands and PayPal you for the plant and reimburse you for the shipping cost. I am in Southern California.
Tom in Tucson
Ready to Bolt

Post by Tom in Tucson »

Gafoto wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:46 pm
agavetitanota2.jpg
agavetitanota1.jpg

agavetradewinds.jpg

Yes, I would accept paypal. If you are interested in the titanota I can just bring it to you in late November. I am spending a month or so in Tucson.

I can check on the cost to ship though if you want the plant sooner. I would need to measure the plant+roots. Shouldn’t be too ridiculous.
I can wait till you make your trip down here in November. It's a deal.
Casas Adobes, AZ
nsp88
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by nsp88 »

Gafoto wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:29 pm

I got distracted with the photos and missed the text at the bottom. Just saw you mentioned the other species. What size and price for the nickelsiae and the stricta pups?

I don't have anything too exotic or anything, just those havardianas that weathered severe wet cold well. So would more likely be paying than trading. And I doubt you'd want to trade seeds for pups, but if you ever wanted to trade seeds or something I just ordered some Agave toumeyana v. bella.
Tom in Tucson
Ready to Bolt

Post by Tom in Tucson »

Gafoto wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:46 pm
agavetitanota2.jpg
agavetitanota1.jpg

agavetradewinds.jpg

I suspect that there may be a problem with the Agaveville PM service. I sent you 2 messages recently, but have not heard back from you concerning my interest in your A. titanota.
Casas Adobes, AZ