Agave Mapisaga Var. Lisa Pups

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

twillikerz
Rhizome

Agave Mapisaga Var. Lisa Pups

Post by twillikerz »

Hey friends! Back in 2020, I picked up a couple of Agave Mapisaga Var. Lisas from HBG, and they’ve since produced quite a few pups. 5 of which I’ve repotted and have become well established in small pots and I have three more that I’ll be removing from one of the mother plants next spring for repotting. I’m surprised to have so many pups, as from what I’ve read online, this variety rarely pups. With that being said, and considering how massive these things get with maturity, I simply don’t need this many.😂 I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in adding one to their collection! Feel free to reach out!
Meangreen94z
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8B

Re: Agave Mapisaga Var. Lisa Pups

Post by Meangreen94z »

twillikerz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:50 pm Hey friends! Back in 2020, I picked up a couple of Agave Mapisaga Var. Lisas from HBG, and they’ve since produced quite a few pups. 5 of which I’ve repotted and have become well established in small pots and I have three more that I’ll be removing from one of the mother plants next spring for repotting. I’m surprised to have so many pups, as from what I’ve read online, this variety rarely pups. With that being said, and considering how massive these things get with maturity, I simply don’t need this many.😂 I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in adding one to their collection! Feel free to reach out!
I’m interested
Austin, Texas
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

Post by bigdaddyscondition »

twillikers, I'm interested. I sent you a PM.
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

I just sent you a message, but it's still in my Outbox and not the Sent folder even after I refresh the page. I'm not sure you got it, so I'll copy and paste it here:

"Hi twillikers. I remember seeing the Agave mapisaga 'Lisa' at the Huntington a few years ago, and I imagine yours is an offset of that one. Are you in the Los Angeles area? I'm in the Inland Empire and would drive to your place to pick up a pup if you are. Please let me know."
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

I'm interested in one this Spring and am glad to send a variety of species your way in trade. Thanks!
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

Has anyone heard anything more from twillikerz?
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Gee.S »

Last active Dec 2.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Post by mcvansoest »

My mapisaga var. Lisa - which is also a descendant from the Huntington plant via KLC has a few offsets - let me have a look at how many and what shape they are in. The mother plant got through this last summer better than expected. If the OPer does not reappear I can probably send some out in the spring if they are in good enough shape.

I do not think the mother plant has a long term future with me, but it is way too big to ship otherwise I'd offer it up as well, I simply do not have a large enough space for it.
It is what it is!
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by Gee.S »

bigdaddyscondition wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:01 pm Has anyone heard anything more from twillikerz?
I still have A. tecta, if you're looking for a giant.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Meangreen94z
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8B

Post by Meangreen94z »

He’s posted in the past about these Agave, and seems to come and go. I’m sure at somepoint he will re-emerge.
Austin, Texas
bigdaddyscondition
Ready to Bolt

Gee.S wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 pm
bigdaddyscondition wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:01 pm Has anyone heard anything more from twillikerz?
I still have A. tecta, if you're looking for a giant.
What a beautiful beast! Thanks, but I'm starting to run out of room.