What’s for dinner?

Discuss any and all issues that don't fit neatly into one of our other forum sections.
mickthecactus

What’s for dinner?

Post by mickthecactus »

As we are a pretty international forum I thought I’d give this a go to see if it runs and find out what we all eat.
So tonight I had roast lamb, potatoes, leeks and parsnips with mangetout peas, baby sweetcorn and gravy.
Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Re: What’s for dinner?

Post by Paul S »

Tonight was Indian take-away - shared with my wife - vegetable dhansak, vegetable balti, Bombay aloo, tarka dhal, pilau rice and I made parathas as mine are nicer than those from the restaurant! My wife doesn't eat meat, I don't eat fish so we always eat vegetarian/vegan at home.
nsp88
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by nsp88 »

We are kind of just snacking it up all day. Loaded Greek salad. Baked figs, nuts, and brie. Hummus. Pita, crostinis, and crackers. Mocktails. And probably some leftover Japanese curry later for dinner.
edds
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: A wet 8b!

Post by edds »

Cottage pie made with a recipe using Worcester sauce and homemade Crunchie cheesecake for pudding!
Nottingham, UK
Epiphyte
Offset

Post by Epiphyte »

last night i steamed artichokes, baked giant potatoes and an even bigger yam, and then broiled a couple well-seasoned steaks. broiling is vastly underrated. if stan told me that he never broils anything i would be disappointed, but definitely not surprised.
mcvansoest
Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
USDA Zone: 9a/b

Post by mcvansoest »

Also mostly a browsing through what is in the fridge kind of day for us.

Also mostly a vegetarian household due to dietary restrictions my wife has. I still eat meat but occasionally not regularly too much hassle to always have something meaty or fishy on the side.

We use a lot of Quorn products which I am sure the people from the UK will be very familiar with, which is generally a pretty good replacement for meat in many meat recipes without trying to actually be meat like most of the new meat replacements which come with their own set of draw backs.

Last night we had home made taco salad using quorn grounds to make the ground 'meat' filling, with black beans, actual corn, fajita seasoning, mixed with lettuce, bell pepper (my wife is allergic to fresh tomatoes), green onion, shredded cheese, crushed corn chips and mild taco sauce... tossed together, divided over two bowls for an easy veggie meal. No real meat required.
It is what it is!
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by Gafoto »

Costco pizza. The most American food there is.
Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Post by Paul S »

Gafoto wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:12 pm Costco pizza. The most American food there is.
:lol: I always assumed, when people say that pizza was invented in Naples, they meant Italy, not Florida.

Tonight baked jacket potatoes with mixed beans in a Tex/Mex style chipotle chilli/tomato sauce.
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Stan »

Assorted Filipino dishes. Plenty of it too,so leftovers galore. :U :U :U
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.
mickthecactus

Post by mickthecactus »

Pigs in blankets that we hadn’t cooked over Xmas with small potatoes, peas and sweet corn
mickthecactus

Post by mickthecactus »

Stan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:37 am Assorted Filipino dishes. Plenty of it too,so leftovers galore. :U :U :U
I’m not familiar with Filipino food Stan. What is it?
Stan
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 10a

Post by Stan »

Adobo is a chicken in vinegar dish maybe the most popular and the others were Filipino versions of Spaghetti and fried chicken,onion rings plus deserts. Filipinos will tell you nobody makes as much food as them for Holidays or special days. :lol:
Hayward Ca. 75-80f summers,60f winters.