Hello from ABQ, NM

Welcome to Agaveville! Please stop in and tell us a little bit about yourself and your gardening interests.
NMABQAgave
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 7a

Hello from ABQ, NM

Post by NMABQAgave »

Glad to have found a forum for Agaves that has so much knowledge and experience.

Looking to add to my collection of 8 different types of agave, 5 Parryi varieties, Agave New Mexico and what I believe is are 2 different Whale Tongue Varieties.
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: Hello from ABQ, NM

Post by Gee.S »

Welcome! My expertise suggests that these photos are not right side up. That could stand to be corrected.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

I didn't get to see any pictures?
JoyinAlb
Bulbil
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by JoyinAlb »

Hello from Albuquerque too! I wondered how many Burquenos would be on here. What all do you have in your collection? I saw some of your local Neomexicanas. Did you find some Blue Glows? I got mine at homedepot in the summertime two years ago. I try to stop by the store every so often because the supply isn't consistent. I get a lot of stuff at Lowe's and Plant World and sometimes Rheem. Have you found any good places go?