Growing Dracaena tamaranae

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Beaucarnea, Calibanus, Cordyline, Dasylirion, Dracaena, Nolina, Sansevieria and related species.

Moderator: Spination

A.R.S
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 12

Growing Dracaena tamaranae

Post by A.R.S »

Hello, im from Gran Canaria and expert in local flora. I want to share photos of my dracaena tamaranae growing in cultivation, the plant is 6 years old and is only this size because I did not watered it that much, I also put a fence to prevent wild animals to attack the plant. I hope in some years I can find more seeds and grow more of this amazing plant. I also got some seeds of dracaena cinnabari in a recent trip to Salalah, but were not able to find seeds of dracaena serrulata.

Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Re: Growing Dracaena tamaranae

Post by Paul S »

Hello and welcome. Great to see someone from the Canary islands here. Where abouts on Gran Canaria do you live? I've visited theisland several times, mainly to go walking in the mountains. I'd absolutely love to catch a glimpse of this one day but realise it is in an in accessible place!
A.R.S
Rhizome

Post by A.R.S »

Hello, thanks, I live in Santa Lucía de Tirajana, sadly I cannot reveal where is this plant for preservation purposes, but I know some places you can watch wild plants of Dracaena Tamaranae closely, but all of them live in rocky outcrops

https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senderismo ... o-40801429
https://plantasdemitierra.blogspot.com/ ... dores.html
Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Post by Paul S »

Thank you for this! I will do this walk next time I visit Gran Canaria. How far along the route do you see a glimpse of the Draco?

I visit a Canary Island every winter - have done for the last 20 years or so. I was in Gran Canaria last month, so it will be a couple of years until I go again - Tenerife next, then Lanzarote. I also look forward to reading and enjoying your blog - and will try to find that Draco in the Anaga!
A.R.S
Rhizome

Post by A.R.S »

Hello, is not my blog hahaha, but I know the owner, hope you find it usefull!
Meangreen94z
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8B

Post by Meangreen94z »

Very nice, thank you for posting.
Austin, Texas