Seeking A. Murpheyi pups from California Garden or Nursery

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

temil1970
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 9A

Seeking A. Murpheyi pups from California Garden or Nursery

Post by temil1970 »

I can get them in Az, but transporting them to California is not so convenient. Can take as many as you have and glad to pay. :roll:
Gee.S
Site Admin
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: Seeking A. Murpheyi pups from California Garden or Nursery

Post by Gee.S »

It isn't pups you want, it's bulbils. In about three months or so you should be able to procure hundreds at a time.

You might even be able to find some locally, just keep your eyes peeled for bulbil laden stalks in street medians, shopping malls, etc. Probably a long shot in your area, but murpheyi is everywhere here in central AZ.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
temil1970
Rhizome
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by temil1970 »

Bulbils would be wonderful but it’s been slim pickings to find one murpheyi locally. Looks like I will be taking a road trip to AZ. And thank you kindly.
Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

Post by Fairview »

I got mine off Etsy. Reasonably priced I thought.
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana