ID Please

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Aloe, Gasteria, Haworthia and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.

Moderator: Geoff

Jkwinston
Ready to Bolt

ID Please

Post by Jkwinston »

Which Aloe is this ? It looked very much like Aloe vera, but the flowers are not right. Jkw

aloevv3.jpg
aloevv3.jpg (396.61 KiB) Viewed 858 times
aovv.jpg
aovv.jpg (370.43 KiB) Viewed 858 times
aoevv2.jpg
aoevv2.jpg (352.55 KiB) Viewed 858 times
eremophila
Bulbil

Re: ID Please

Post by eremophila »

It's a local garden hybrid that I see around Tucson pretty often, especially in older neighborhoods. It's Aloe vera x grandidentata, but I like to call it Pepto Pink since the flower color reminds me of a familiar upset stomach medicine. :lol:
It suckers too much for its own good and creates a huge thicket with age thanks to the grandidentata parent, but the flower color and abundance of them makes it worth growing in the desert. I have one out front with a random bloom currently.
Jkwinston
Ready to Bolt

Re: ID Please

Post by Jkwinston »

eremophila wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:18 pm It's a local garden hybrid that I see around Tucson pretty often, especially in older neighborhoods. It's Aloe vera x grandidentata, but I like to call it Pepto Pink since the flower color reminds me of a familiar upset stomach medicine. :lol:
It suckers too much for its own good and creates a huge thicket with age thanks to the grandidentata parent, but the flower color and abundance of them makes it worth growing in the desert. I have one out front with a random bloom currently.
Thank you. Jkw