Pustules and brown spots Agave attenuata

Use this section to discuss matters relating to any and all issues involving horticultural pest and disease management. This is where one posts unknown pest/damage photos for ID help.
kunterbunt5
Rhizome

Pustules and brown spots Agave attenuata

Post by kunterbunt5 »

Hello,
Unfortunately I have problems with Agave attenuata. I cultivate various agave species, including Agave attenuata. I have serval plants, which I have grown from seed, and also Agave attenuata "Ray of Light", which I bought a few years ago. On a plant grown from seed I first noticed pustules, brown spots and yellowish areas near the base of the leaves. I had this plant for several years and the pustules usually appeared in the winter months and disappeared again in the summer and only on this plant. Until now I did not think the phenomenon was a contagious disease. This year, unfortunately, my "Ray of Light", was affected :-(. All plants are pottet and inhouse for the winter. Temperature ca. 68 F and a place on the windowsill.
Does anyone know about this disease and can tell me what to do about it? I would hate to get rid of the Ray of Light, but of course I don't want this disease to spread. The first infected plant is destroyed.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
Attachments
Agave attenuata3.JPG
Agave attenuata3.JPG (160.82 KiB) Viewed 6236 times
Agave attenuata2.JPG
Agave attenuata2.JPG (118.93 KiB) Viewed 6236 times
Agave attenuata1.JPG
Agave attenuata1.JPG (167.93 KiB) Viewed 6236 times