Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Caudiciform and Pachyform fat plants. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
Plantsandme

Post by Plantsandme »

Hello everyone. I have just joined and currently own the following succulents: Adenium obesum (2 plants), Beaucarnea recurvata, Diosorea elephantipes, Fockea edulis, Jatropha podagrica, Myrmephantum beccarii, and a Pachypodium saundersii. I have owned the Adenium, Jatropha, Fockea edulis over ten years. Recently I have acquired the others. I live on the northern tip of Vancouver Island in British Columbia which is at times is a challenge to grow caudiciforms because of the lack of sunshine (notably in the winter) and the wet/humid environment. Outdoor specimens are out of the question except for August and early September. I will try and post images of my plants if anyone is interested.
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: New member

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Welcome! Definitely interested in seeing the plants. I have a coworker in Vancouver who is successfully growing a few agave outside, but agree those caudiciforms would be mush.
Plantsandme

Re: New member

Post by Plantsandme »

Attached are two images of my two desert roses. I have had both over ten years now. They have been very tolerant of me and some of the people who watered them for me when I was away working in another province. They are not identical having a slightly different leaf shape and seem to like the light from a different side of the the house. Both seem to tolerate drench when dry watering scheme, especially during the fall to spring period. The have flowered--both having light pink tubular flowers. I am merely differentiating between each other as Desert Rose 1 and Desert Rose 2. I feed them with a cactus fertilizer occasionally. I am going to try and give them more attention as they are not flowering as often as before.
Attachments
Adenium obsesum 2.pdf
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
Adenium obsesum 1.pdf
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 123 times