Agave ‘Becky’

Use this forum to help with identification issues and to show off your beautiful plants, one species, subspecies, and cultivar at a time.
Forum rules
This section is dedicated toward maintaining one active thread for each Agavaceae species/subspecies/variety/cultivar. Please feel free to add information and/or photos to existing threads or start your own by adding Genus/species as the thread subject. Note that listings are displayed alphabetically. Enjoy!
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Agave ‘Becky’

Post by Gafoto »

This is one I picked up from Solana Succulents last year as an unlabelled plant but it’s fairly common on ebay/etsy due it’s pupping proclivity. Has a different leaf shape than ‘Kissho Kan’, ‘Tradewinds’ or ‘Rum Runner’ and makes a nice container specimen.
Handles sun well without changing color much but like many variegates doesn’t want full desert sun all day.
RCDS66
Offset
USDA Zone: 9B

Re: Agave ‘Becky’

Post by RCDS66 »

What is the origin of Becky? Is it a cultivar of A. isthmensis or A. potatorum or a hybrid?
Experts please advise.
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by Gafoto »

RCDS66 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:22 pm What is the origin of Becky? Is it a cultivar of A. isthmensis or A. potatorum or a hybrid?
Experts please advise.
I believe it is a cultivar of isthmensis. When ‘Becky’ reverts it looks quite similar to the inland form of isthmensis.

Here is a “Harvey Dent Becky” with half reversion:
IMG_4653.jpeg
IMG_4653.jpeg (568.55 KiB) Viewed 626 times
RCDS66
Offset
USDA Zone: 9B

Post by RCDS66 »

Gafoto wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:28 pm I believe it is a cultivar of isthmensis. When ‘Becky’ reverts it looks quite similar to the inland form of isthmensis.

Here is a “Harvey Dent Becky” with half reversion:
IMG_4653.jpeg
Yes, it does have lot of isthmensis in it. Thanks for the input Gafoto :U