"you posted in this thread" icons - some missing?

Use this forum to request changes, language packs, other additions or to report a problem. Comments are also welcome.
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

"you posted in this thread" icons - some missing?

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Looking through the aloe gallery, some of the thread icons on the left show the dot that means I posted in it, but most do not. Lost in the server move? Some mistake on my end? Not a huge deal, but mildly annoying when scrolling through the galleries. See below...I clearly have posted in this thread!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-03 084200.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 084200.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Gee.S
Site Admin

Re: "you posted in this thread" icons - some missing?

Post by Gee.S »

Melt in the Sun wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:42 am Looking through the aloe gallery, some of the thread icons on the left show the dot that means I posted in it, but most do not. Lost in the server move? Some mistake on my end? Not a huge deal, but mildly annoying when scrolling through the galleries. See below...I clearly have posted in this thread!
Sorry, I am mystified at the moment. I don't have the issue, but have a secondary non-administrator account I use for testing purposes, and it is as you say, with no notification dots. I will look into this further, but feel relatively certain this is information irrecoverably lost. My best guess is same as yours, a result of the move.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
Gee.S
Site Admin

Post by Gee.S »

I believe I've spotted the cause. At one point during the forum woe period, I ran this:
Resynchronise dotted topics
First unmarks all topics and then correctly marks topics that have seen any activity during the past six months.
I didn't exactly understand what it did, but I think I do now.
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".

"Some talk the talk, others walk the walk, but I stalk the stalk"
edds
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: A wet 8b!

Post by edds »

I noticed this happened to some threads I posted in or started but not all. I assumed it was to do with the move and a small price to pay for the positives of the move!
Nottingham, UK
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt

Post by Melt in the Sun »

OK yep - the ones marked are the more recent. Thanks for looking into it.