Wanted: Agave parryi 'J.C. Raulston'

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

Wanted: Agave parryi 'J.C. Raulston'

Post by Fairview »

The 3.5 pots are killing me; they're so tiny. Would like to find a respectable sized offset that I can enjoy now and not get the feeling I planted it for the next person.
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana
Meangreen94z
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8B

Re: Wanted: Agave parryi 'J.C. Raulston'

Post by Meangreen94z »

Fairview wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:01 pm The 3.5 pots are killing me; they're so tiny. Would like to find a respectable sized offset that I can enjoy now and not get the feeling I planted it for the next person.
What was your source? I bought them from 3 different sources to compare, PDN was the most expensive, but the only place I trusted to be accurate. It turned out they were the largest as well(atleast the overgrown specimen that I received) and continued to put on great growth. They are pretty fast growing compared to other parryi I own. I think they need to hit about 6 inch width and then they really take off. You can travel down to Austin and get varying forms of parryi. Tillery Street Plant Company has 10-30 gallon size Agave neomexicana. Also 3-5 gallon parryi truncata . The Great Outdoors had parryi huachucensis in 3 gallon a week ago.
Austin, Texas