Wanted: Dyckcohnia 'Conrad Morton'

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

SpinyCat
Rhizome

Wanted: Dyckcohnia 'Conrad Morton'

Post by SpinyCat »

I had a beautiful plant of this hybrid, but lost it to rot after the heavy storms in California in winter 2023. Realize shipping to CA may not be feasible, but hoping someone can make it happen if you have this plant. Thanks :)
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Re: Wanted: Dyckcohnia 'Conrad Morton'

Post by Azuleja »

I don't have 'Conrad Morton' but I have Dyckcohnia 'July.' it has stayed small for me with silver purple color rosettes a couple of inches across and clumps that fill a pot.
SpinyCat
Rhizome

Post by SpinyCat »

Thanks, Azuleja, appreciate your reply. I've seen Dyckcohnia 'July', and it is nice, but I really like the size and color of 'Conrad Morton', so will keep waiting/hoping for now.
SpinyCat
Rhizome

Post by SpinyCat »

Azuleja wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:18 am I don't have 'Conrad Morton' but I have Dyckcohnia 'July.' it has stayed small for me with silver purple color rosettes a couple of inches across and clumps that fill a pot.
I guess I should have at least asked before if you'd be willing to sell a pup of your Dyckcohnia 'July', with shipping to Northern CA. Not sure how that all would work, as I'm new to Agaveville and so have never tried to arrange buying a plant from anyone. Anyway, let me know; I have a feeling at this point that I will not find a 'Conrad Morton' except for some extreme luck.
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Post by Azuleja »

Sure, I've been considering making a sale post. When I do I'll include it.

This is my smaller clump. It looks better than my larger clump right now because the larger clump has been in dry shade all winter. Both are badly in need of repotting but they're so vicious I hate messing with them at all.
Dyckcohnia 'July' grown in sun
Dyckcohnia 'July' grown in sun
20240428_102235.jpg (472.45 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Eta: here is the larger clump. A bit thirsty and sun starved. I cleaned out the oak leaves and it only made me bleed once. A pup even fell off. I'll see if it wants to root.
Dyckcohnia 'July' grown in shade
Dyckcohnia 'July' grown in shade
20240428_112515.jpg (603.78 KiB) Viewed 114 times
SpinyCat
Rhizome

Post by SpinyCat »

Azuleja wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am Sure, I've been considering making a sale post. When I do I'll include it.

This is my smaller clump. It looks better than my larger clump right now because the larger clump has been in dry shade all winter. Both are badly in need of repotting but they're so vicious I hate messing with them at all.

20240428_102235.jpg

Eta: here is the larger clump. A bit thirsty and sun starved. I cleaned out the oak leaves and it only made me bleed once. A pup even fell off. I'll see if it wants to root.

20240428_112515.jpg

OK, another newb question: How will I know if you make a 'sale post'/where on the site would I look? Thanks for the consideration. I primarily grow plants that 'bite' and make me bleed on a regular basis :D
Azuleja
Ready to Bolt

Post by Azuleja »

@SpinyCat I'll make a sale post in this subforum and will send you a PM or tag you like this. I have a bunch of rooted offsets and small extras of aloes/agaves and have been meaning to post them up to try to clear space on my benches