Yucca rostrata, Yucca rigida, or Nolina nelsonii seeds

Use this forum to list your haves and wants. Commercial posts welcome. If you have some interesting offerings, we want to hear about it!

Moderator: Melt in the Sun

nsp88
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8a

Yucca rostrata, Yucca rigida, or Nolina nelsonii seeds

Post by nsp88 »

Now that spring is almost here and I have cleared out some space on my growing rack, I have room for starting more seeds.

Would like to trade for seeds for plants along these lines - cold hardy and trunking with long, thin, (at least somewhat) glaucous leaves. Rostrata is my favorite but those seem to be super hard to come by, so I'm cool with any of the others listed. If you know of any other plants that are similar in appearance, let me know

Dasylirion glaucophyllum would fit the bill, too. I have a few types of Dasylirion seeds thanks to meangreen and FB swaps, so I am good on other species of Dasylirion, though.

Edit to add: I am sure this is wrong time of year for these, just putting this out now in case anyone has any that produce seed this year.
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Re: Yucca rostrata, Yucca rigida, or Nolina nelsonii seeds

Post by abborean »

It's the right time for some of us.
Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

Post by Fairview »

Save yourself some grow time. On Marketplace in Desoto TX.

I "might" have some N lindheimeriana this year if it blooms again and I can figure out how to collect them.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240223_165034_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240223_165034_Chrome.jpg (198.2 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana
nsp88
Ready to Bolt

Post by nsp88 »

abborean wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:35 pm It's the right time for some of us.
Ah, thanks! I am still not too familiar with yucca bloom times.
nsp88
Ready to Bolt

Post by nsp88 »

Fairview wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:52 pm Save yourself some grow time. On Marketplace in Desoto TX
Thanks! That is pretty good price from what I have seen. Will look at it next time I make it over there.

I still love growing things from seed, too, though. It is fun to see them pop up, develop, and grow! And getting a lot more (eventually) by doing seeds is nice. Also, I have this idea in my head of it being cool to pass along seed grown plants to my kids when they are old enough to care (like they actually will care about the same plants as me lol).
Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

Post by Fairview »

@nsp88 After hitting 65, 2 heart attacks in 21 and a total knee replacement this year I am a staunch believer in the 'Instant Landscape ' theory.
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana
abborean
Ready to Bolt

Post by abborean »

nsp88 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:53 pm
abborean wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:35 pm It's the right time for some of us.
Ah, thanks! I am still not too familiar with yucca bloom times.
I meant it's time to plant!
nsp88
Ready to Bolt

Post by nsp88 »

Fairview wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:05 pm @nsp88 After hitting 65, 2 heart attacks in 21 and a total knee replacement this year I am a staunch believer in the 'Instant Landscape ' theory.
Understandable!