Scored some discount Echeverias

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Aeonium, Crassula, Dudleya, Echeveria, Kalanchoe, Rhodiola, Sedum, Sempervium and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.

Moderator: Aeonium2003

meridannight
Offset

Scored some discount Echeverias

Post by meridannight »

Don't know what it is with me stumbling on all kinds of Echeverias lately, but I scored 2 'Linguas' today for 2 eur each! That is way way way way cheaper than what they are going for anywhere in the world at the moment. Obviously they are not in the best shape and are extremely light-deprived, but I'm hoping to get them healthy and growing well again. I think I have to decapitate both and take it from there.

Anybody know whether this cultivar pups and/or propagates from leaves well? One of the plants does have 2 pups growing, so obviously they do produce them at some point.
Attachments
IMG_0841b.jpg
IMG_0841b.jpg (400.5 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0845b.jpg
IMG_0845b.jpg (377.53 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0843b.jpg
IMG_0843b.jpg (468.39 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0850b.jpg
IMG_0850b.jpg (374.41 KiB) Viewed 778 times
IMG_0847b.jpg
IMG_0847b.jpg (345.21 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Species I'm growing from seed: Agave nizandensis, Agave difformis, Agave parryi, Agave schidigera, Aloe alooides, Aloe manandonae, Aloe dhufarensis, Aloe barbara-jeppeae, Hyophorbe verschaffeltii, Kerriodoxa elegans, Johannesteijsmannia altifrons, Chrysalidocarpus leptocheilos, Licuala grandis.
Aeonium2003
Ready to Bolt

Re: Scored some discount Echeverias

Post by Aeonium2003 »

It's one of the larger frilly/caranculated gibbiflora hybrids, so leaf cuttings will probably be difficult. You'll have much better luck with using the flower bracts (either detached like a normal leaf, or with a cut portion of the stalk) or trying to root the flowerstalks themselves. :U
IMO
Growing in Zone 9b, Mediterranean climate.