D wheeleri With Spear Pull

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Beaucarnea, Calibanus, Cordyline, Dasylirion, Dracaena, Nolina, Sansevieria and related species.

Moderator: Spination

Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

D wheeleri With Spear Pull

Post by Fairview »

Once they have spear pull they are done for; no hope for any suckers, right?

Was at a large commercial nursery today and found these 5 gallon wheeleri. They all have spear pull. I got them for free. I wasn't interested in the plants but what was in the container. I'll be using it to top dress an area, albeit it a small area of landscape. But everything helps and the cost was right and I was already there for other stuff.
Attachments
20240415_112210.jpg
20240415_112210.jpg (740 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana
Melt in the Sun
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 9b

Re: D wheeleri With Spear Pull

Post by Melt in the Sun »

Those all look good and dead from here. Free soil and pots are never a bad thing!
Fairview
Offset
USDA Zone: 8

Re: D wheeleri With Spear Pull

Post by Fairview »

The weed is pretty healthy!!
Mckinney, Texas. 30 Miles North of Dallas. What I'm trying to grow: A ovatifolia: whales tongue, frosty blue, vanzie, sharkskin, parrasana, montana, parryi JC Raulston, Bellville, Bluebell Giant, havardiana, polianthiflora, parviflora, havardiana x neomexicana