Use this forum to discuss matters relating to succulent Euphorbiaceae genera far too plentiful to enumerate. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:25 am
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
I have this euphorbia (not sure which kind) that until recently was 3 healthy spires the same height. The other day one of them completely rotted at the based and fell over. I cut off the rotted part and replanted it (the short one now), but while I was digging (ground very soft) I found a couple of these grubs. Is this an insect infestation? (see attached images)
- IMG_2741.jpeg (677.73 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
- IMG_2747.jpeg (685.91 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
- Posts: 2921
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 pm
- Location: Tempe, Arizona, USA ie. Low Desert & Urban Heat Island
- USDA Zone: 9a/b
If they were in the plant then maybe but if just the soil there are plenty of critters that make their home there especially in soil that gets regular water without it being an infestation.
It is what it is!