Agave ovatifolia x salmiana 'Saltillo'

Use this forum to discuss matters relating to Agave, Beschorneria, Furcraea, Hesperaloe, Hesperoyucca, Manfreda, Polianthes, Yucca and related species. This is where one posts unknown plant photos for ID help.
nsp88
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 8a

Re: Agave ovatifolia x salmiana 'Saltillo'

Post by nsp88 »

That brontosaurus is spectacular

@Gafoto which did you get?
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by Gafoto »

nsp88 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:58 pm That brontosaurus is spectacular

@Gafoto which did you get?
I purchased one of the ‘Emerald Giants’ fall of 2022 and it’s been growing aggressively. I think it’s in a 5 gallon pot now and desperate to go in the ground. Grows as quickly as any ovatifolia and just as thirsty.
Paul S
Ready to Bolt

Post by Paul S »

I usually prefer my plants as Nature intended but, Wow, there are astonishing plants. 'Beach Gobbler'!
Luc
Ready to Bolt

Post by Luc »

Il y a toute une série d’hybrides et sélection que je trouve vraiment très intéressante pour leur port, couleur et résistance au froid, ceux là en font indéniablement partie. Les Bellville, Bluebells giants, Crazy horse, Bothe, Green goblet, A Step Above, Mr Ripple, Hacksaw, Stairway to Heaven, Logan Calhoun, gentryi Jaw, etc.. font partie des formes horticoles les plus attractives selon moi.

Certains ont ils des photos de sujets adultes des ces cultivars ?

Mon anglais est décidément trop imparfait, j’ai fait le choix de la traduction Google, dites si c’est suffisamment clair.

Google translation :
There is a whole series of hybrids and selections that I find really very interesting for their habit, color and resistance to cold, these are undeniably one of them. Bellville, Bluebells giants, Crazy horse, Bothe, Green goblet, A Step Above, Mr Ripple, Hacksaw, Stairway to Heaven, Logan Calhoun, gentryi Jaw, etc. are among the most attractive horticultural forms in my opinion.

Do anyone have photos of adult subjects of these cultivars?

My English is definitely too imperfect, I chose the Google translation, let me know if it is clear enough.
Gafoto
Ready to Bolt
USDA Zone: 7b

Post by Gafoto »

@Luc

I looked in the gallery and you can see some great photos of ‘Jaws’ and ‘Mister Ripple’. I added a few of ‘Green Goblet’ which was inexplicably missing. I feel like we’ve got some folks here growing others of these giants so perhaps they’ll show up.

My ‘Green Goblet’ is a little rough from winter but it may perk up a bit in a couple of months and look good enough to share. I have a ‘Logan Calhoun’ that looks very similar, but wider leaved going in the ground this spring.